Friday, January 9, 2015

My First Painting...

1-1-14 Oil on Canvas 16x22

I spent years non participating in art in any way, sure I took lots of picture but I never really felt I was creating anything. I was up early one day in August 2013. and wandered across The Joy of Painting on PBS. It had been years since I watched Bob Ross ply his craft. I used to watch it all the time; and I dreamed of painting along with him. I recorded the show to show my daughters something I loved when I was their age. While I was watching the show with them I explained this to them, and Lily asked. "why don't you try now?" I tried to think of a dozen reason why but I could not think of anything other than I can't. I bought the supplies and made the commitment to do it.

This painting is a reproduction of a Bob Ross painting, I followed along with a tape of the show. I was very happy with my first effort. Keep in mind, I had NEVER painted before.

I look at it now and I see flaws of technicality but I still feel the joy every time I look at it.

My wife loved it and it proudly displayed on my wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment